Playing wall ball is one of the best ways to develop your sticks skills no matter what age or skill level you are currently at.
If you ask the pros, each one will tell you that they all have and still do spend a lot of time on the wall. Playing wall ball not only keeps your stick skills sharp, but it also allows you to be creative and develop new skills.
Here 7 keys to help you get the most out of your next wall ball session.
- Perform every drill with both hands.
Tip: Want to improve your off-hand at a rapid rate? Perform 2-3 times more reps with your off-hand than you do your strong hand.
- Perform each drill wearing gloves. You wear gloves during games and practice.
- Stand approximately 5 yards away from the wall.
- Aim for a specific spot on the wall to improve your precision and accuracy.
- Perform each rep with a nice athletic base stepping towards your target each time. Never throw flat-footed! Each wall ball session is great times to practice good habits that transfer over to game situations.
- Play for at least 15 to 20 minutes. Playing for 15 Minutes, 3 days a week can go a long way to improving your stick skills.
- Listen to music and have fun.